Home :: Help :: Search :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Dungeon Raiders Forums  » Classes  » Warden 
|- Wardens Hard to Kil 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wardens Hard to Kil  (Read 1970 times)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wardens Hard to Kil
« on: July 06, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
are we better tanks than guardians give me your opinion 

Re: Wardens Hard to Kil

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
From what I gathered so far (don't have high level warden/guardian myself, so just observations), both wardens and guardians have potential to tank equally well as classes. What is different is that it is much harder to tank with warden as good as with guardian. What I mean is that they are different classes and it also depends on a group. Guardian can grab aggro instantly, and can survive easier and longer with a crowd on himself. Warden builds up aggro over time (as I understand), so this means that if warden is working on a mob for a longer time its really hard to take aggro off him after some time, but from the start warden usually needs a couple of seconds to build up aggro before those champions and burgs start to fire criticals at the mob. It is also important that the group attacks the right targets, because if there are like 8 mobs and warden is building up aggro on 3-5 of them and the group nukes other 3 that are not aggroed - of course things will get dirty. So it requires a lot of coordination form both warden and the group, while with guardian it might be a bit easier because it doesn't have to do gambits and aggro over time, it can just aggro some mobs instantly and if there are some left not aggroed, he can quickly switch and aggro them before they get hit by dps classes.
They are also overall similar in survivability I believe. Guardians have heavy armour but wardens have healing gambits to balance with their medium armour. The trick is that while guardian is sturdy when he gets in the fight already, warden is not that sturdy and has to fire healing gambits which he has to combine with aggro gambits and that is why once again tanking with warden is harder than with guard but it doesn't mean that a good warden can't handle it and be as good as guard.

I think that because its easier to be a good tank as a guard, public opinion is formed that guards a bit better tanks, but I think its only because warden is harder for tanking and so there are less good warden tanks. I've grouped with a lot of wardens that are better than many guards, but then again there are also loads of good guards that are better than average warden. So my conclusion is all depends on skill and best warden in the world can tank as good as best guard in the world, its just harder to do as a warden. That is why warden is advanced class and guardian is basic.

So that's what I think about tanking, as for other aspects, there is a huge difference between 2 classes. Its usually harder to win a duel against warden than guard because of its self healing. For some bosses in raids its much better to have guardian tanking because some raids are build that way. Also for leveling I've heard warden is pretty much immortal because it can heal and do damage and tank mobs at same time when soloing, while guard has to choose between damage and tanking all the time, so warden choosing dps build for leveling is still tough because of healing and guard choosing dps build is less tough than if he chose tanking build.

HUGE POST sorry, but this is very debated question and there is no answer that can summarise who is better in 2 words. So there you go - it's just my opinion, and since I don't have any of those classes at high level I might be mistaken about a lot of things written above :)

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »
I got my ass handed to me in duel to a warden multiple times.  I've never played as a warden and I suspected he may have been using pots to restore power but not sure.
-Armoni

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
I think they might also have power-over-time restore skills, while guardian has only single use power restore skill with a cooldown, is that right?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 05:45:33 AM »
yeah my warden has a buff that can replenish heal and power over time and for every miss you gain moral depending on your level

• Officer
  • I am Zwartbart the Hunting pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
Nice :D
I am Zwartbart The Great Hunting Pirate

Imsis
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
Are the wardens still necessary in our kin? They are strong, but: Guard is better tank, hunter is better DPS. What's their role exactly in fellow? I'm asking cause I have the warden ;]

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
Their Role is off-tank an they can also be the main tank but they lose fast aggro(i had that a lot of times with a warden)  but i think that was the fault of the person himself i saw some wardens that can tank really really good. So wardens are always funbto have cause they have self healing and if u know how to tank in a group also good main tanks

• Officer
    • View Profile
    • LoSaS
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »
No, short and simple :P

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
Haha :D

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »
Most wardens ive worked with havent been better than a guardian by the way of claiming attention. Though they do tank better than champs they still dont beat the guardian when theres healing involved. Just my opinion though.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 01:02:52 PM »
Hello kin I am Gudii (55 lvl warden atm) and a warden needs to practice on how to tank.It is true that a warden can tank better than a guard,he just needs a good group and a good strategy.REMEMBER :) a warden can survive easier than a guard because wardens have more healing skills and a stance named Determination which offers morale and  power regen + block rating etc.

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 02:43:04 PM »
I agree gudii and i have done some instances with u and imo u are a very good tank :)

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
And everytime I do instances with the kin, I always lag, making you guys think that I suck big time in tanking. However, when I am tanking instances with other people, my connection is very stable... My wretched luck has always tainted my reputation. *sigh*
Darathelion Eriagon (Guardian) / Arrathalion Deathbringer (Rune-keeper)