Home :: Help :: Search :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Dungeon Raiders Forums  » Classes  » Hunter 
|- Hunter class- the ultimate dps class? 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hunter class- the ultimate dps class?  (Read 2436 times)

• Officer
  • I am Zwartbart the Hunting pirate
    • View Profile
Hunter class- the ultimate dps class?
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
Hey i thought i must make this topic for hunters
I dont have experience in the other dps classes
Only a little bit in the champ class. (i had a lvl 36 champ)
But imo is the hunter a great dps and maibe if u are good the best dps class.
Why because we can do high damage with our bow from a good range(Our bow is our power dont make the mistake to think u can attack with your swords like a champ your swords are the last option in a battle.)
We can give them already high damage before they even reach us. And we can use traps thats also nice by bosses that u must take solo :D.
Also we have some nice other skills like u can be invisible(but then we cant walk) we can make campfires for nice non-combat morale regen and power. We have a poison remove skill that u also can use for other fellowship member to remove their poisons.
I hope i can get your opinion about hunters and other dps classes. I like to learn more about it :D

greetz Zw
I am Zwartbart The Great Hunting Pirate

Re: Hunter class- the ultimate dps class?

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
I think everything you mentioned is absolutely correct, but I don't think there is ONE best dps class. It all depends on a situation, Hunters can put out a lot of initial damage, but if the fight is longer and enemy gets to the hunter, it is easy to kill the hunter because they are somewhat squishy. Champions might not be able to put out the same burst of dps at the start, but they can do very high damage anyway and for longer periods than hunters, because they have better survivability and can move while attacking. So they can survive longer, thus overall they can probably do more damage than hunters before they die.. So hunter is good for fast killing, but for longer fights champs are good dps class, so again it depends on situation.
Also this is all in general, I am sure there are hunters that can survive longer than others and there are champs that can put out more damage in the beginning of the fight than others..

There are also RuneKeepers, that can be a very good dps within right setting or right group. It cant kill a monster with first 3 shots like hunters do, but it can kill it with 5th shot :) its because RKs have to build up attunment to do good dps, so by triggering dps skills they become more and more attuned to dps and after several attacks they can fire a powerful conclusion which does alot of damage.. so if a monster cant kill RK before it uses conclusion, its a problem for monster, and in that situation RK can be a very good dps class..

Minstrel is another good dps class for moors, you see alot of minstrels healing, but it doesnt mean they cant do dps.. They wont have any nukes like hunters or RKs do, so they will kill a monster slowly but surely, because they can heal themselves, so I have seen pretty successful dps minis in moors that are very hard to kill and so they are able to put out good dps over time while they heal themselves.

Burglars is another class that can be dps, again if build right, burgs can do bursts of damage at the beginning of the fight, when attacking from behind and from stealth. If the burg is build right and is smart, they can basically attack from behind and stealth (which results in high critical hits), then daze the monster, go from behind again, go to stealth and repeat high damage initial attack. So they pretty much work like hunters, they have to kill before the enemy gets to them, but unlike hunters that attack from a distance and try to kill enemy in that distance, burglars attack from close, but keep enemy stunned, dazed and rooted so they can continue attacking and not get hit..

So yeah many classes can be good dps, depending on situation, but you are right if I wanted a straight dps class for as much damage as possible I would choose hunter or champion.

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
I totally agree with you,
This is imo the most dificult thing to say wich is the best dps the situation and the gamer make the different that make the dps class so mich fun imo :D

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »
Also I wanna say that imo for staring hunters it is important to focus on agility and vitality BUT also on fate cause it upgrades your crit chance and remind that agility is always more important then vitaltity we hunters dont need so much morale lvl 75 hunters have normally around 5500-6700 morale and around 2500 power

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
But guys remind that the hunylter play style can change in RoR when u are fighting on a mount

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »
Mounted Archers... awesome :)
Darathelion Eriagon (Guardian) / Arrathalion Deathbringer (Rune-keeper)

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
XD

Yasmine_douglas
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »
OH I would so LOVE to be able to shoot arrows via horseback!!!!  That would be wonderful!!!!

Yas...

SIGH ;D

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »
We all like that ^^

Yasmine_douglas
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
Hey how long do we have to be a member of this board before we loose the "newbe" title...  Just wondering...

hugs and kisses
Yas...

:-*

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Sorry dont know but i think u must have some posts like 50 or something

• Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Right now, I love the hunter in Rohan but also thanks to open tapping(or something) i ride true rohan hit some and get xp cause i hit that guy but someone else killed it for me :D